Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Discuss daily with the classroom teacher regarding the progress of the educational programs.
- Implement and collect data on each student’s IEP goals and behavior management plan.
- Assist students, as needed during activities of daily living/gym activities. (Can vary depending on student’s specific needs)
- Lead or assist in various group activities.
- Aid in development of educational material.
- Participate in parent training program in order to promote generalization of skills learned in school.
- Report all incidents/occurrences to Program Coordinator in the absence of the teacher.
- High school diploma
- Finger Printing Clearance (DOE and DOI depending on program)
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of classroom management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with individuals with Autism a plus
Additional Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Administer Eden II School Curriculum Assessment 2. Attend Eden II School in-services, training, and staff meetings as required. 3. Assist in orientation of new staff/substitutes. 4. Must become certified in SCIP method